Dreher Hiking Daze

The crazy, hazy, rarely lazy, daze of the Dreher family.

Monday, July 26, 2010

First Day of School

DSC01406

We started back to school this morning.  We didn’t finish last year’s social studies before summer break, so I decided we needed to start a month early and wrap things up.   Jacob was excited DSC01405to start school and asked me all morning, “when are we going to start school?”.  Caitlyn was not so thrilled to be back in school, but she tried to have a good attitude.  Right now, we’re just doing math and social studies.  We’ll launch into a full schedule the end of August.  I think I’d rather eeeaassseee back into school like this.

4 comments:

  1. I think I broke out into hives just reading this. ;o) Seriously though, I am with you. We did a 2-week eas-in last year and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your first day of school. We are waiting until late August/early September because we have alot of things happening in August. Have a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm following you from bloggy moms. What a big task with the homeschooling. I admire all moms who home school. :)


    http://mommyonlyhastwohands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I LOVE school stuff. We really never stopped for the summer, just cotinued our hit and miss method. I figure if we do school 3 or 4 days per week year round, then we are doing the equivalent of 5 days per week for a 9 month school year! :) Don't know if you noticed, we both changed our blog backgrounds and they look suspiciously similar! LOL, great monds must really think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete