Dreher Hiking Daze

The crazy, hazy, rarely lazy, daze of the Dreher family.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

What does God want to teach me?

This past school year, Caitlyn has been studying the Old Testament combined with Egyptian history. We are about 5 weeks behind due to a long Christmas break followed by our trip to Ethiopia, during which the kids spent a couple of weeks at their Mimi's and Pap Pap's (with no school). At the beginning of this month, I began a Beth Moore study called "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place". It is about the Tabernacle and God's desire and initiation to dwell with His people.

What is awesome about Caitlyn's studies and my own is that they have crossed paths, such that she and I are studying the same scriptures at the same time. I do not see this as coincidental, but I know that God wants to teach me something during this time. Is it His providence? His desire to meet with me right where I am? His faithfulness in spite of my unfaithfulness? I'm not sure, so I'm praying that He reveals it to me.

I didn't grow up learning about God's providence and faithfulness to his children, so I am so pleased that Caitlyn gets to learn about these things as a young lady. I pray that these early lessons stay with her during the years ahead and that she learns to rely on God for all her needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment