Dreher Hiking Daze

The crazy, hazy, rarely lazy, daze of the Dreher family.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Step-mom/step-daughter bonding

DSC00857 I took my step-daughter, Emily, to see Chris Tomlin and Toby Mac this past Friday night.  It was great to get to hang out with her.  We spent a fair bit of time goofing off in the car on the way to the concert.  It was the best we could make out of the horrible traffic situation.  A trip that should have taken us 45 minutes, took 2 hours due to an accident on the highway.  To keep us entertained in the bumper-to-bumper traffic, Emily made up stories based on the signs along the interstate.  My favorite was one about a cow who went to Dairy Queen and was offended because she thought SHE was the Dairy Queen.  Even  though we ended up being an hour late, I’m thankful that I got to spend some time with her.  She’s only with us for eight weeks in the summer and every other Christmas, and while she’s been here, she has spent a fair bit of time in her room.  I can’t say as I blame her…what with being a thirteen year-old with four younger siblings.  Shoot, many times I want to have sDSC00867ome alone time in my room.  But with all the daily family matters, I haven’t gotten to spend much time alone with her. 

I’m also thankful that Chris Tomlin played first, so that we didn’t miss any of Toby Mac’s performance…which was AWESOME!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled you had a great time. Enjoy the rest of your visit with the kids.

    ReplyDelete